Hello From N Ireland

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Old Betta

Reaction score
Hello,

This is all new to me so please forgive if I'm not doing this correctly.

Recently purchased a 94l Interpet aquarium to set up as a tropical freshwater aquarium.

Have run the usual water test for leaks for a week...none apparent.

So on Saturday added aquarium sand & 4 basic plants...after testing Ph levels at 7.5...very surprising!

All looking well, although water a little cloudy, but expect this to clear by weekend.

So with basic introduction done...

TTFN

Good morning and welcome to the forum! :good: We have a great beginners section on this forum. Give it a good read. Lots of good info in there for you.

welcomeani.gif

Please do read through the beginner's section (you can click on the link in my signature below) before adding any fish.

Totally fishless for about two weeks now...

If PH reading remain stable and nitrate levels are acceptable I would hope to add six tetras over the course of the weekend. But, will not risk it if water etc is not right.

The four plants that I introduced on Sunday appear to be happy with new roots going down into the sand/gravel.

Reading a lot on the internet about co2...so keeping close eye on plant colour etc.

All advice/comments welcome.

Hello and welcome?

Where abouts in N.I are you from?
If you've not yet started a fishless cycle I can donate some mature media to you if your close to me.

Welcome.

From Belfast myself and I'm doing a fishless cycle at moment. You had best read the beginners section before introducing fish. I lost 20 fish before joining this forum.
:rolleyes:

Yes, fishless cycle with lots of monitoring of water & much testing. All has gone well..so far.

With the fishless cycle I used Interpet Filter Start & Fresh Start. and API Accu-Clear.

I know some members recommend anything from 30 days to 70 days for a cycle...I used a 20 day cycle with lots of monitoring & testing before adding planting and lately stock.

What stock I have added has been settleing in well with no adverse affects.

However, testing & monitoring continuing.

Good to find others from NI...what are your setups?

Just got given a Siamese Fighter today and have rather gingerly added him to my 94 L community tank.

If anything he has settled down nicely...no fights! not even with his reflection.

He appears to like resting/hiding in the Lilaeposis, which as far as I can find out is something they do.

Anyone out there got any advice?

Most reactions

Back