The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyc88

Fishaholic
Reaction score
HI all! My name is Jonathan from the UK.
I've ordered a new tank due to arrive tomorrow as start of a father daugher tropical fish tank project so we are very excited.
We are fairly new to this so would appreciate some advice please, to ensure we are on the right path.

The tank size is 145L or roughly 32gallons.
Size of the tank (L x W x H) is 81cm x 38cm x 55cm or about 32" x 15" x 22".
The tank comes with 200W heater and Ocellaris 850 l /h filter.

We have lots of questions a beginners so hoping to get some guidance here :)

Last edited:
HI all! My name is Jonathan from the UK.
I've ordered a new tank due to arrive tomorrow as start of a father daugher tropical fish tank project so we are very excited.
We are fairly new to this so would appreciate some advice please, to ensure we are on the right path.

Size of the tank (L x W x H) is 81cm x 38cm x 55cm or about 32" x 15" x 22".
The tank comes with 200W heater and Ocellaris 850 l /h filter.

We have lots of questions a beginners so hoping to get some guidance here :)
Oh my that's adorable!
Can't wait to check it out!

Welcome. Just so that US members here don't mistake your tank for being a little smaller than it is, 145l is 38 US gallons.

Welcome!

Usually before we advise you on the type of fish that you can keep, we would like to know your tap water GH, KH, pH.
This will help us to recommend the type of fish that you can keep.
The South America and Asian fish are mostly from soft water which has lower GH and KH.
The African & some Australian fish and live bearer(Guppies, Platies, Mollies) are from hard water with higher GH and KH.

I think Essjay may be able to help you with this since both of you are from England.

Some information of fish for you:

In fish keeping, gallons are always American gallons, so your 145 litres are 38 US gallons rather than 32 Imperial gallons :)

Look on your water company's website for hardness. If they give it, you need a number and the unit of measurement rather than words. The unit is important as UK water companies tend to use units not used in fish keeping so we need to convert it; and words can be very misleading - my water company says I have moderately hard water when the number is actually soft water for fish keeping.

I have just found your other thread where yo give your hardness!

I have locked this thread, please post replies in the other thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back