Hello All, A Little Introduction

andyg81

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
never posted in here when I first registered so here goes

names Andy, come from between Derby and Nottingham in the midlands, Uk.

me and my now wife Considered buying a "little" fish tank about 2 years ago, but decided against the idea as we were saving money for our wedding.

Well 2 years down the line, now married brings us to about 4 weeks ago, we went out for a sunday dinner at a local pub, and sat having a drink with a fish tank right at side of us, both just sat watching the tank and fish. finished the drink and 30 minutes later we have brought a 31 litre starter tank on a stand, complete with heater, pump etc etc. started with some neons and lemon tetra, (after tank had settled) and were content, we had spoke that maybe in 6 months we will get a bigger tank.

a couple of weeks later we brought some extra fish and realised we were over stocked, this was 5pm on a sunday night, cue EBay coming to the rescue, by 7pm we were in the car driving 25 miles to collect a (what we now know) is a 3ft Juwel 180 bow front on a stand, complete with everything to go with it. by 11pm the tank was all clean and filled, starting the cycle.

few days later, massive ammonia spike in the small tank, all fish in the new tank and fish in cycle started !!!

now to today, tank is set up, running happily but doing daily / every other day water changes.

anyway thats me so Hello all, thanks for the advice so far and i'll be sticking around.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back