Heater for Biorb Halo 15litre

Helen D74

Reaction score
Hi,
My 11 year old daughter has just bought at Biorb Halo 15litre with her birthday money as she would like to get some fish.

We bought the tank plus the Biorb Heater Set. We’ve had real problems trying to get the heater to fit against the side of the curve of the bowl. We finally managed it (!) but it just seems like such a big heater for such a small tank.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a smaller heater as she is keen to get tropical fish or should we just stick with the Biorb heater.

thanks

The problem with the Halo is getting a straight heater to stick on curved sides. The Biorb heater at least has a bracket angled to fit curved sides, but even if you got another brand I think you would still have to use the bracket from the Biorb heater.

Besides cycling the tank as in Deanasue's link, you will need to think about fish. To be honest, given that the Halo is a spherical tank, just about the only suitable fish is a betta, just a betta, either male or female. At 15 litres/4 gallons and 30 cm/12 inches diameter it is not really suitable for any other fish. Another alternative would be shrimps - cherry shrimps come in a variety of bright colours (though only keep one colour or they'll interbreed and you'd end up with brown shrimps). I have a 30 cm cube tank with red cherry shrimps and one nerite snail.

[I know your daughter is young and she has bought the tank with her money, but is there any way you could persuade her to return it and get a rectangular tank? Biorbs are expensive for the volume, and she could get a bigger rectangular tank for the same price]

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back