JezzaBeadle
New Member
- Joined
- Jun 30, 2007
- Messages
- 15
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hi, I'm thinking of getting some hatchetfish for my new 120 litre tank some time, but because the tank doesn't have a condensation tray the hatchetfish could jump (I've heard they're renowned for this!) up at the light. Would it hurt them? I don't want them to get hurt by the hot light! Any info would be great.
In all seriousness though, any fish thats a natural jumper can and will jump, just provide plenty of cover, and if they hit the light they will likely bounce off with little harm done. Heat needs some contact over a few seconds time to do damage to tissue. One quick tap on the light should do no harm. Thats why if you swipe your finger through a fire, absolututely nothing happens.






