Hatchet Fish?

beechey

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
1,518
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
GB
ive got a 2 year old silver hatchet fish with a solid black line down it about 2" (so not sure if its a silver hatchet fish) basically ive been trying to get a shoal of these but this only lives all the time,
i even used to have a 6" archer fish in my tank and the archer fish ate them all bar this one,
but i most of bought 25 plus hatchet fish silver ones without black strip, marbled type but still this one alwalys lives in the tank is just discus now but they still dont survive the temp is 30 deg ph 6.5
water conditions are perfect
i reckon this hatchet fish must be a double hard and must not want any company!!!

has any one else had this
 
I have a shoal of 5 as I found one stuck to the filter a day after I got them 6 months ago, They are silver and have a stripe, I have read that the marbled ones are not as hardy as the silvers for some reason, Maidenhead have started to get big hatchets in (1 1/2") which may be better for you rather than small ones. They were about a fiver each I think.
 
ive tried mixing large ones aswell
how long do they live for ?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top