Has it ever crossed your mind...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

First you have to fill up the turret with potting soil..
and then add a large moss ball
marimo_giant-300x225.jpg

Last edited:
...I don't think I need to answer that. Please get uppity over an actual issue if you're going to cause a disruption in a casual thread rather than over someone saying "Muricans" as though it's a slur or derogatory term, and please don't make a mockery out of things that are far more serious than an off-handed joke about Americans.
In my school we would say: "Merrica" in a country accent all the time cause it was just a funny way of saying it... And we live in America... So... 'merrica!

Anytime I see a thread title with "HELP" in all caps, I immediately start singing in my head: "HELP! I need somebody. HELP! Not just anybody." Its a song by the beetles... I do like that song btw

No.
But it crosses my mind why on earth posters in forums give threads a title that dont indicate the threads initial subject. If I owned the forums concerned I’d have those threads binned.
Posters have no problems indicating in the title when their fish are in trouble or less so when they need a bit of advice but otherwise theres a tendency to simply use the start of a sentence. Which is lazy and wastes other posters time.

No.
But it crosses my mind why on earth posters in forums give threads a title that dont indicate the threads initial subject. If I owned the forums concerned I’d have those threads binned.
Posters have no problems indicating in the title when their fish are in trouble or less so when they need a bit of advice but otherwise theres a tendency to simply use the start of a sentence. Which is lazy and wastes other posters time.
Or what I like to call, clickbait

Or what I like to call, clickbait
I’m now at the stage in my time on this forum where 90% of the time if a thread doesn’t indicate it’s subject matter in the title I ignore it.
Granted I’m no aquatic Einstein but there’s a very very very very slim possibility I may be able to contribute something useful to one of those threads. Stop laughing at the back.

Forum owners, moderators, posters often wonder why posters drift away from forums. One reason is vague thread titling. It IS a recognised reason for forum user migration.

Most reactions

trending

Back