Has fish fungus left?

Red15

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if there's any way to tell for sure that fish fungus has cured. I have this angel that has been in hospital tank for about 6 months now. He had fungus all over his fins and tail, then his tail started falling off. So I treated him with tetracycline and regular water change. He's been free of any cottonlike stuff for about three months now. But I haven't yet put him back to the main tank. Thing is, I had another angel before him who had fungus too, I thought he was cured after two months of treatment, but then it came back again.
I've lost my whole tank of fish in fungal infection once, so you can say I'm pretty scared of the disease.

pictures of the fish?

fungus normally goes after a few days of treatment but you keep treating for a week after the fish has cleared up so the wound can heal completely.

fish produce excess mucous over their body and fins when there is problems with the water. it can appear as a cream, white or grey film over the body and fins. If the water is really bad, filaments can come off the fins.

Most reactions

Back