Has Anyone Used Glass Cages .com?

Fried rice

New Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Has anyone used glasscages.com? if not is there any other cheap online stores for aquariums?
 
Havn't used it, but I know its famous for offering cheap aquariums, its the delivery costs that get you.
 
I bought a 125G tank, stand and canopy from them early last year. The tank and stand were well made and I'm quite happy with it. The glass is about 1.5x thicker than I anticipated it would be, so it's quite heavy.

I have read several horror stories with glasscages, though. Most of the stories involve some kind of customization - like drilled holes, custom overflows, etc.
 
I've never bought from there but I've heard stories similar to what confusion mentioned. Also heard sloppy silicone work/excessive silicone.
 
Not sure if I got lucky or what, but my tank is well put together. I did get the LIG, but I did not realize at the time that I could get the black silicone, which I regret. The other regret is that I got the 125G tall, instead of the long. Shipping was not bad - I think $70, but I had to borrow my parent's truck to pick it up at a local show. When I finally get around to finishing my basement, I will be buying from glasscages again. I am thinking a 240G or 300G for the new family room.
 
is there anything like this in the uk that offer as cheap aquariums like this??

Theres a few, Wharf Aquatics is one, www.acrylicaquarium.co.uk and www.aquariums.ltd.uk/ there are a few more but they have slipped my mind at the moment :P
 

Most reactions

Back
Top