Hardware Of The Month - Reactors

Am typing this on hols so can't post pics (yet), but I use a pair of Two Little Fishes reactors in line, tapping off my sump return and feeding a UV lamp before returning water to sump. I prefer 2 reactors to 1 as it means I have permanent phosphate absorption in one, but can use carbon intermittently in the other. Can't remember why this was a good idea now*, but was on advice of bloke in LFS (Heritage Aquatics in Surrey) and it works for me...

Will see about pics when I get home if anyone's interested, nothing complex though!

Paul

*Think it was something like Carbon absorbs good stuff and bad stuff, so you want to leave it off sometimes, plus C needs changing more often than PO4 absorber and if left to same frequency can leach bad stuff back out into water.

Looking forward to seeing the photos - go on then, make us all jealous, are you siting on some tropical beach?

Seffie x

Looking forward to seeing the photos - go on then, make us all jealous, are you siting on some tropical beach?

Seffie x

Nah, am sitting on the terrace while the wife and 1-year old have their naps... Not exactly tropical, but south of France and temp is 34C in shade so could be mistaken! Browsing TFF is helping take mind off worries that the autofeeder might not be working back home...

Gonna go browse for info on Balling vs Balling Lite now, then work on plans for DIY nitrate filter - basically converting a "cheap" phosphate reactor into a £300 Deltec NFP509 for a lot less money than that...

Paul

Most reactions

Back