Hard Question On Fish Compatibilty

theram51

New Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So this is the deal I got a few fish I will start by saying Hi im new to this site and to fishkeeping so bare with me. I got three tanks a 7foot long 120gal and a 4foot 65gal and a 33gal. the fish now, I have a 18" Fire eel, 6" tri color angle, 11"cigar shark, 7"balla, two 5"blood parots one 3", 10" pleco, 4-5"plecos, five blue gramies, three dewarf puffers, three 2" clown loaches, 12 african chiclids and one golden nugit, and one 9" girl oscar and one boy 7" oscar and one 2" baby.only serviver of the spawn. So what fish were?
 
:S I really think the clowns should go in the 120gal.

But thats just my two cent's or you could return 'em.
(How large are they?)
 
Just wanted to say :hi: and I'm soooo envious of your enormous tanks.
I'm not qualified to comment on your fish situation, so I'll back out bowing gracefully (yeah, right, well, I'll try for the graceful, anyway) and make room for someone experienced, who I hope will show up shortly.
 
Syphoniera, aren't we all envious of his tanks? XD
Whatever you know, just contribute! :) That's the way I think of it. :nod:
 
The Fire eel, Cigar Shark, Bala, Oscars , 10" Pleco and Clown loaches all need to be in the 7 foot tank.

The Parrots , 2-3 of the Blue gouramis and the Golden nugget could go in the 4 foot tank. The parrots may need to be moved to the 7 foot tank when they are a bit bigger.

I would spilt up the cichlids into two groups of six, and put six in the 7 foot tank, and six in the 4 foot tank. Cichlids tend to be territorial so you don't want to cram all 12 in one tank together.


Your 3 dwarf puffers should be ok in the 33 gal as long as it is well planted and they can keep away from eachother. You could add 2 of the blue Gouramis here as well.

As for the four 5" plecs, I think you ought to try and sell or re-home them. As you know from having a 10" plec, they get BIG and you won't have the space for all of them in the future so it'll be better for them to go to new homes.

You could consider also selling some of the cichlids, espescially if they are pairs who are breeding or getting on well without too much fighting. And also the baby oscar.

This will give your remaining fish more territory and space.

With so many large waste producing species I hope you have some serious filtration!!!!!
 
The Fire eel, Cigar Shark, Bala, Oscars , 10" Pleco and Clown loaches all need to be in the 7 foot tank.

The Parrots , 2-3 of the Blue gouramis and the Golden nugget could go in the 4 foot tank. The parrots may need to be moved to the 7 foot tank when they are a bit bigger.

I would spilt up the cichlids into two groups of six, and put six in the 7 foot tank, and six in the 4 foot tank. Cichlids tend to be territorial so you don't want to cram all 12 in one tank together.


Your 3 dwarf puffers should be ok in the 33 gal as long as it is well planted and they can keep away from eachother. You could add 2 of the blue Gouramis here as well.

As for the four 5" plecs, I think you ought to try and sell or re-home them. As you know from having a 10" plec, they get BIG and you won't have the space for all of them in the future so it'll be better for them to go to new homes.

You could consider also selling some of the cichlids, espescially if they are pairs who are breeding or getting on well without too much fighting. And also the baby oscar.

This will give your remaining fish more territory and space.

With so many large waste producing species I hope you have some serious filtration!!!!!



sounds like you just about nailed it.

depending on the current size of the clown loaches, you may want to keep them in a smaller tank for now while they grow out, also you will want lots of driftwood in the 7' tank for them to hide in incase the oscars decide to pick on them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top