A verbose hello

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Happy day,

Turns out 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way was on last night, so no way to attempt pictures of the main tank. I did capture this one of the snarling beast that owns the cichlids. If possible, zoom in on the nose. Aside from it being a nose that only a mother could love, I have no idea if that's how it is supposed to be. A female Zebra is poking out to see what the lunatic is doing.
Any chance you can get a photo of the mystery fish? I'm really curious, and I bet someone here will be able to identify it!

Happy day...so this was from the dollar tank at the LFS. It didn't look like this to start, of course, but this is how it looks now. I'll try for a better picture, but its not such a talent of mine. It is notable for the three spots and the fringe of white on the tips of its tail.

Attachments

• IMG_20200930_183952.jpg
    IMG_20200930_183952.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 62
Proboscis enhanced indeed! Proboscis enhanced indeed!

The first one looks like a chinese algae eater who pursued a career in boxing and took a few too many shots to the nose. If a dog looked like that, I'd suspect him of chasing parked cars.

I have no idea about the second one. I will withhold judgement pending further pictures. Kinda purdy, though.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Your 5g looks chaotic and overgrown, exactly like a walstad tank should. And I love the idea of the jar-o'-living-muck. Definitely going to have to try that, as soon as we move some place with a garage.

Happy day...it receives indirect sunlight and it has certainly helped the greenery in the jar. I think getting lucky with scooping muck with visible life in it is key. When I saw a little critter move across the glass, I was pretty pleased. Whatever it is that is slowly breaking down the misc stems and stalks is microscopic and that would be quite boring.

There is a movement afoot to build a larger Walstad-inspired tank. I'm thinking of a 75g if I can find the right footprint.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Your 5g looks chaotic and overgrown, exactly like a walstad tank should. And I love the idea of the jar-o'-living-muck. Definitely going to have to try that, as soon as we move some place with a garage.

Happy day...after giving this fish several unnerving stares over the weekend, and comparing against various images online, I think I agree with Rasbora Kalochroma. Just goes to show you can trust some things you read off the internet. Thank you!

Was thinking a rasbora, but Ch4rlie's poecilia guess looks a closer shape.

Rasbora kalochroma is my guess

Welcome to TFF! :fish::hi::fish:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back