Hair on my sword

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

its algae

get a algae eater or trim ur plant

hair algea. some shrimp will eat it, and some chinese algea eaters. i think ottos eat it as well but not sure. some fish even eat it. i think mollies will tak ea stab at it but noit enough to make a dent in it. I think your best bet would be amano shrimp.

uhm lots of ppl seems to think that the hair algae will be eaten by chinese algea eaters, sad news is they wount..Mollys, also not a good idea?

but the siamese algea eaters, will. Localy I cant find any and the chinese algea eaters, and flying fox,s is the best I can get so I have looked into removing then buy other means..

First off what lights, ( full spectrum , aqu-glo, power-glo ) I have notice that most sword do every well under a lower color lights (4700K-500K) and the more blue light makes it more suited for these algae's to settle in the tank..

2nd do you add any form of CO2 in the water? since sword does have a grood rate of growth under normal CO2 levels is does grow much better with some co2 added.

3rd Sword is rooted plants so you could always remove all liquid fertilizer from the water by adding cardon in the filter and feed the sword via root tablets

all these option is not always useable in a tank, but limiting food for the algae does cut down on there growth.. Once the plant growth is good algae wouldnt be able to compete and always stay unseen.

Most reactions

Back