Had a worm thing come in with my new shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nymm1t

Reaction score
I got a few red cherry shrimp the other day and noticed there were two other things in with it. Someone told me it was a leech and a Malaysian trumpet snail. Some photos attached.
I acclimated the shrimps in a small tank, scooped them out, and put them into my quarantine tank. I'm just worried, can the leech have babies on the shrimp or anything? Could it have carried over somehow? The one leech that I was able to see definitely stayed in that acclimating tank.
350358918_150757294652422_6907427973142848223_n.jpg
349336938_152795034333568_5185492185238626535_n.jpg

The pic of the leech is not clear enough to ID - at least not for me.
MTS, there are mixed views on these. If you don't want them crush or boil it (They are virtually indestructible). If you decide to keep it one is enough, they do not need a mate to reproduce. Personally I have them in all my tanks, and I am happy about that, but there are others that disagree.

Thanks for the response but did you even bother reading my post? Lol...
Oops. I kinda missed the ‘two things’ bit and thought you’d been told leech and mts by different people about one thing, and the second pic was a close up. Apologies.

The pic of the leech is not clear enough to ID - at least not for me.
MTS, there are mixed views on these. If you don't want them crush or boil it (They are virtually indestructible). If you decide to keep it one is enough, they do not need a mate to reproduce. Personally I have them in all my tanks, and I am happy about that, but there are others that disagree.
Got it ty. I ended up crushing it because I wanted a very controlled environment. Is it possible for that snail to have babies already that aren't visible to the naked eye? Or is it too young you think? It was REALLY tiny but that was the first I've ever seen

Oops. I kinda missed the ‘two things’ bit and thought you’d been told leech and mts by different people about one thing, and the second pic was a close up. Apologies.
Haha no problem. Maybe my photos were way too big. Kinda took away from the text

Most reactions

trending

Back