Gutsy Fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

shmeepie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My fish are really gutsy :rofl: I feed them twice a day, and they still eat a lot of my plant that i in there. Just say i put in plant at the start of the week, 7/10 would be gone in about a month...Gutsy or Sick?

:no: twice a day is way too much,fish will eat till they burst if you let em,they may not be ill now but overfeed em and they will be ,once a day is enough and set aside 1 day a week when they dont get fed at all

Depending on how much you feed you can feed upto 5-10 times a day. For growth it is advised to feed small amounts regularly. But as bribones says do not overfeed. Most coldwater fish will nibble at plants if they are given the chance, thats why planted Goldfish tanks are so challenging as well as the massive waste load the fish produce. A month isn't very fast, I have had plants demolished in days.

oh wow, ok. About the twice a day thing? everyone says that they need small feeds twice a day...only enough that they can eat their meal in about 2 minutes...

shmeepie said:
oh wow, ok. About the twice a day thing? everyone says that they need small feeds twice a day...only enough that they can eat their meal in about 2 minutes...
Yeah that sounds fine, some people do feed once a day with as much as they can eat in 5-10 minutes but it works out the same. :thumbs:

They never used to eat this much when they were in their bowl...(much too small)

Most reactions

Back