Guppy With Swimbladder?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a female guppy that is old over a year and half atleast. For the past few days it has been swimming vertically (when it does swim) and most of the day it just lays on the bottom of the tank. Is this swim bladder or is it something else? Is there something I can do?

It does sound like a swim bladder disorder to me- you'll need to test your water for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates post the stats here though to help find the cause of the problem though as swimbladder disorders can be brought on by a variety of things, finding out what caused it will help give you the best idea of what to treat it with.
What and how much do you feed your fish on average? How many gallons is the tank and what sort an how many fish do you have in it :) ?

It's a 55gal understocked IMO has about 5 platies,2guppies, 1 molly, 5 cories, bristlenose, and only for a day a fancy goldfish(I know you shouldnt keep goldfish with tropical fish but its only temporarily). I have two whispers with 55gal capacity each. I feed my fish two times a day and sometimes bloodworms. All the other fish are fine.

So what should I do? A few water changes? Is there any meds for swimbladder?

i dont know but i but it sounds like yours has the same as mine maybe?? is yours tale slightly bent??

i dont know but i but it sounds like yours has the same as mine maybe?? is yours tale slightly bent??

There are meds for swim bladder yes, you should be able to get them from lfs or if not then deffo at pets at home or pet city.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back