FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
i have a guppy with paraasites and fin rot and he is fulll of worms :(
how do i make him eat the prazi soaked food?

@Colin_T should i prazi soak bloodworms because that might be more appealing

i have a guppy with paraasites and fin rot and he is fulll of worms :(
how do i make him eat the prazi soaked food?
How do you know he's 'full of worms'?
If you don't feed him for two days, he'll probably eat anything you give him. (Healthy guppies can normally go for at least a week, if not a fortnight, without food).

As above, it's important to know why you think he has worms. You mentioned he has fin rot? That's bacterial and can make him sick enough to refuse food. Fin rot will require a very different treatment than internal parasites which is why I ask why you suspect he ahs worms.

But assuming he does have some sort of internal parasites and is still eating:

Soak medicated food in garlic. If you use Metro or Prazi, use Seachem's Garlic Guard to mask the flavor of the meds and tempt him to eat. It is just one of several garlic's available.

Also if he's eating, soak the food in a 3% Epsom Salt solution as this helps push the food and worms out of his body. I do this regularly on all of my fish to help prevent bloat or dropsy. I had some blue acaras that had white worms exiting their anus' and the Epsom Salt alone cured them (it didn't actually cure anything, it simply pushed out the worms and their immunity took over).

Remember to use pure Epsom Salts only. Never use one with a scent or additives.

If he refuses to eat, you'll have to treat him elsewhere or treat the entire tank. In that case, use 1tbps/10 gallons of water of Epsom Salts into the tank and try to feed him again in a couple of days. Use garlic to tempt them, no matter what food you try to feed him until he's eating regularly.

As above, it's important to know why you think he has worms. You mentioned he has fin rot? That's bacterial and can make him sick enough to refuse food. Fin rot will require a very different treatment than internal parasites which is why I ask why you suspect he ahs worms.

But assuming he does have some sort of internal parasites and is still eating:

Soak medicated food in garlic. If you use Metro or Prazi, use Seachem's Garlic Guard to mask the flavor of the meds and tempt him to eat. It is just one of several garlic's available.

Also if he's eating, soak the food in a 3% Epsom Salt solution as this helps push the food and worms out of his body. I do this regularly on all of my fish to help prevent bloat or dropsy. I had some blue acaras that had white worms exiting their anus' and the Epsom Salt alone cured them (it didn't actually cure anything, it simply pushed out the worms and their immunity took over).

Remember to use pure Epsom Salts only. Never use one with a scent or additives.

If he refuses to eat, you'll have to treat him elsewhere or treat the entire tank. In that case, use 1tbps/10 gallons of water of Epsom Salts into the tank and try to feed him again in a couple of days. Use garlic to tempt them, no matter what food you try to feed him until he's eating regularly.
oh he is very fat and pooped white once...
he might also be constipated...
How do you know he's 'full of worms'?
If you don't feed him for two days, he'll probably eat anything you give him. (Healthy guppies can normally go for at least a week, if not a fortnight, without food).
ok

ill wait a while

i used melafix becasue that helps with fin rot last time it happened
if mela dosent work ill do salt as many suggested

see section 3 of the following link for treating fish for intestinal worms.
treat the entire tank and treat all your tanks at the same time to prevent cross contamination.

see section 3 of the following link for treating fish for intestinal worms.
treat the entire tank and treat all your tanks at the same time to prevent cross contamination.
How would i soak api general cure if that wokrs
Also whats inside api gc

From the safety data sheet, https://apifishcare.com/product/general-cure API General Cure contains metronidazole and praziquantel.

It does not contain levamisole so it won't kill round worms just flat worms (praziquantel) and protozoans (metronidazole)

Why do you want to add it to food? Most people add it to the water. That's what API General Cure instructions say to do.

From the safety data sheet, https://apifishcare.com/product/general-cure API General Cure contains metronidazole and praziquantel.

It does not contain levamisole so it won't kill round worms just flat worms (praziquantel) and protozoans (metronidazole)

Why do you want to add it to food? Most people add it to the water. That's what API General Cure instructions say to do.
o nevermind i thought it had the round worm treatment, the F
also some of my fish have flat bellies and white poop but some have round bellies and white poop
what is happening

If he is constipated then maybe try a boiled pea with the skin removed and mushed up, my boys go mad for it!
yes basically me but broccoli some guys are picky and dont like peas

now that i think about it i have no idea what this thread was.
i dont remember but i have at least treated all the parasites
dont know about that fin rot anymore tho

First of all, cure the guppy's desease and then maybe he starts eating more actively.

First of all, cure the guppy's desease and then maybe he starts eating more actively.
yeah i know i was trying to..,
the thread died a long time ago... as well as the fish...
sip...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back