guppy ratio

guppybaby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok guys as we all know i am trying to breed my guppies. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Here is what i Have so far......2 males and 4 females. All four of my females are about ready to drop but, i do not think they will go at the same time. Let me know what you all think.

sounding great!!! maybe 1 more female would be a good idea...

The odds you would get from them all dropping at the same time would be enormous!

I was also told by my LFS that 1 male to 3 females is a good ratio, so that the males do not pester the females to death.

Great! A new guppy breeder! Let me warn you that they breed like rabbits! You will soon need lots of new tanks if you are going to be breeding them.

Every guppy is different, so they will drop at different times, probably within a few days of each other, but it could be longer. They drop more frequently at higher temperatures (80F) and at lower temperatures (75F) they will drop less frequently. I keep my guppies at 80F and they usually drop every 28 days or so.

Anyway, good luck!

ok guys i knew i could count on you. My lfs sells them in pairs so, two more females it is. I am hoping to set up a new 10 gallon tank soon just for guppy fry. Then i will put them in my 55 gallon tank. This sure is an addicting hobby you always think you need more fish so when you need more fish you need more tanks. At least it gives me something to do.

Most reactions

Back