Guppy Intestinal worms

DeepSeaFishin

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My one female guppy isnt looking so good. She craps and it comes out white and stringy and it doesnt not come out too easily...its very odd and im ready to put her down if i need do -_- ...the male nips at the long stringy crap hanging out so i wonder if i should just treat my whole tank for it

help would be appriated :crazy:

Hi,
I don't know what your guppy problem is but you could try giving her some frozen peas (peeled and warmed up so they are squishy) as she might be constitpated. Its worth a shot as it can't do any harm. I feed my guppies peas every day after reading it on this board and they seem more active & happy.
It helps to clear their digestive track. Hope it works.
If it doesnt maybe someone else can give advise or you could treat the tank for worms if you think that is the problem.
Desley

I know exactly what you mean...the white, stringy poop. The only times I 've seen it is a day or two before I realize my fish has dropsy. I have never had a fish that had dropsy not have the white, stringy poop. I treated w/maracyn,and enede up only losing one guppy each time, but it sucks. I don't know what your fish's problem is...this certainly doesn't mean it has dropsy, but...I think it may have to do with fuid retention...my guess is bacterial. Just a guess. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back