Guppy Breeding Types

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

always4lora

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi' All,

I've had 5 guppies in a small 80 litre tank and after a few months ive noticed some new ones pop up, as the tank isnt heavily planted ( i put some filter sponge in for the fry to hide) i dont get massive numbers.

All of my guppies are the shape (round tails) but the fry are sword tailed? How does this happen when all the guppys ive started with round tailed?

I must have about 30 fry in total so hopefully they'll grow on and i'll move them into a larger tank.,

It's all in there gene's swords were developed back in the 1940's if not earlier and from there the broad tails were developed which occurred in the 60's So they all carry the gene's so it's very common to see this happen,

It's all in there gene's swords were developed back in the 1940's if not earlier and from there the broad tails were developed which occurred in the 60's So they all carry the gene's so it's very common to see this happen,
Hi' Cheers for the answer :) took them a few months to multiply and now they're multiplying at a quick rate :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back