Guppy' and blowing a fuse!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LarsB

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, weather held well enough, I made it to the Quad City IA Fish swap on Sunday. Found some ancistrus plecos I was looking for, but was on the hunt for some high fin platies and/or guppies.... Well, I sure did it with the guppies!
Not much of a photographer and have a crap phone camera, as well as a old digital ,but here goes!
2- trios of Half Black * (1 pic) nice big fish, deep color NOT huge fins yet but great shape!
2 Pair Black Moscow (3 pics - I am in love!)
3 male half black mosaic - (2 pics) two have good to great shape and color, one is the stand out, darker, well matched markings in dorsal and caudal but these guys are smaller... will breed best one to 1/2 black female* to get back some size
Multi color Grass fantails 2 males, 6 females 3 pics (male, female-better, male again)... These are a more delicate fish as far as the males, but typical of what I have been seeing for the fins,,, 2 females have silver/blue on the dorsal and caudal fins, 2 have darker moons on caudal, and other two are plain, and seem to be a bit of tanning, but maybe a bit older too .....
I plain to maintain each line (moscows, half black, multi grass), but think these will be interesting crosses. Since there is no female mosaic, half black female will be used.
A moscow male will go with multi grass females which display blue/color markings in fins,...
I need to do more research of crossing moscow with half black... is that counter productive?
Any thoughts or comments welcome... just relearning these guppy rules!
DSCN6916 (2).JPG
DSCN6933 (2).JPG
DSCN6934 (3).JPG
DSCN6935 (3).JPG
DSCN6899 (2).JPG
DSCN6900 (2).JPG
DSCN6906.JPG
DSCN6907.JPG
DSCN6910.JPG

I always enjoy pictures of other peoples fish, sounds like you had a good time. :fish:Wish they had fish swaps around here

I love guppies so dang much and yours are gorgeous

I love guppies so dang much and yours are gorgeous
Thank you! I have not had any in a long time, and I may have paid too much for what I brought home, and I over bought, since I did not plan on 4 quarantine tanks, but here we are! If I can keep each line going and do the crosses I am thinking, I hope to have some more beauties to show off, but of my own handiwork! LOL here's hoping

Thank you! I have not had any in a long time, and I may have paid too much for what I brought home, and I over bought, since I did not plan on 4 quarantine tanks, but here we are! If I can keep each line going and do the crosses I am thinking, I hope to have some more beauties to show off, but of my own handiwork! LOL here's hoping
Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back