Guppie Fry

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SlushMonkey

Reaction score
i have a few guppies about to pop in a community tank...

thinking might put them in a 30L spare tank i have BUT it doesnt have a heater... pretty warm where i live will that be ok, or do the babies need regulated temp? oh and wat do u feed fry?!? assuming they are to small for bloodworm and flakes

Slush

i have a few guppies about to pop in a community tank...

thinking might put them in a 30L spare tank i have BUT it doesnt have a heater... pretty warm where i live will that be ok, or do the babies need regulated temp? oh and wat do u feed fry?!? assuming they are to small for bloodworm and flakes

Slush

I have baby fry as well I didnt know she was pregnant so We have about 4 left...

You can feed them Brine shrimp, itty bitty pieces of flake food, blood worms etc.. YES THey need to be a regulated temp. of at least 80 degrees... You need to feed them from 6-8 times daily to help their growth etc..

Hope that helps

liquifry or first bites are both good fry foods.. 6-8 times like already mentioned..
A heater is suggested since usually the temp in a house drops at night, and fluctuation of temperatures could affect fry. Although I have kept fry in several different situations and havent had any die (I have even raised them without heaters) but heaters do promote growth quicker, and chances of dying are slimmer because of the steady temp.

Most reactions

Back