Gsp Cut Himself

Curalingua

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi

My young juvenile GSP jumped as I was feeding him and cut himself on the sharp edge of the slides glass top.

He has a 2-3mm cut just behind his gill. He is swimming around normally but clamping his fin over the cut, occasionally he will move the fin normally so that isn't damaged. The cut is pink.

What can I do to help preven invection without too much stress.

He is in a 130l 4ft tank, still freshwater, with another juvenile GSP. The 2 get along very well (at the moment).

Water parameters are fine, ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrate between 10-20.

I did a 10% water change yesterday, but presuming 10% water changes daily will now help and hoovering up waste.

Would a salt bath help and if so how do I do that? (I have marine salt here ready to change to Brackish).

Thanks

Fiona

PS Also posted in emergencies section
 
Stress coat stress coat stress coat. Thats all you can do

And you need more plants to get rid of those nitrates btw.
 
Don't panic, just keep an eye out for fungus, but as long as your water's clean then he should heal fine.
 
My water starts at 7 nitrates. Its a new set up, there are quite a few plants in there and as changing to Brackish don't want to overfill with plants that might not survive.

Its healing nicely, but will watch for fungus.

Thanks all.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top