Growing Danios Quickly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Opcn

Big fish
Reaction score
I Just started up a planted tank, Plants come in on Friday, sand the next Friday. Right now I have 6 Danios in the tank, three are a good size but the other three are very small, I'd like to get all three of them nice and big, what food do you suggest? I don't really have access to many live foods, sometimes I can collect mosquito larvae in the fall, but that doesn't help now. The LFS has a descent selection of frozen foods, and then of course there is the internet to find live and frozen foods, but I don't want to spend too much. I will be housing the 6 Danios with ^ Dwarf puffers, two Hillstream Loaches, and five Amano shrimp.

Should I shred the beef heart? It seems that it would be too hard for Danios to handle.

Just try and see what they like best as you cant force them too eat, but put some high quality live food they will probs eat it but normal flakes they may ignore... Or maby a wafer thin mint sir....

I bought some frozen blood worms today and they were gobbled up with great ferocity, which was a welcomed change from them not eating. I've got live cultures of Grindal worms, Tubifex Worms, and Red worms on the way. The problem with Tubifex worms is that they have high protein content and low in fats, I need to find some way to increase the amount of fatty acids in there diet, maybe cyclopeeze if I can get them to eat them, and other ideas besides bacon fat frying the blood worms?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back