Greetings and Thank You

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jamie D.

Reaction score
I've been peering through the glass here for awhile now, and finally decided to properly register. Once upon a time, I kept goldies, dojos, bettas, ADFs and a huge pleco (no, not all in the same tank). About five years ago, after my last fancy goldfish died, I decided I needed a break from the weekly water hauling for six tanks. I sold all of my tanks (stupid!), and that was that. I used to use all that lovely fish tank water for my house and garden plants, and as you might imagine, both suffered once the aquarium water supply shut off.

Last year I got back into plants, and then started thinking about how nice it would be to have a pretty betta on my writing desk (writing is my main hobby), which would also provide nice plant fertilizer. I mentioned to my friend that I'd been thinking about fishkeeping again, and she offered her 38 gallon tank up for free as she was upgrading to a 55. Of course I accepted, got rid of a piece of furniture that was just sitting around doing nothing, and now I have my 6 gallon bookshelf betta tank (starring Fritz, the incredibly spicy "dark blue knight"), a 6 gallon corner tank on the other side of my desk for my foursome of ADFs, and the 38 gallon tank in the living room just finished cycling and is ready to be stocked. All planted tanks, though the 38 needs quite a bit more greenery. Hopefully I can find some vals at the LFS tomorrow.

I wanted to say thank you - as I've said, I've been reading almost daily, threads on various fish, cycling, stocking levels, plants, biotopes, interesting conversations about fishkeeping philosophies and stocking...this forum is an amazing treasure trove of information, and has been very helpful in giving me both information and different perspectives on many aspects of this hobby. You've all given me more help and things to think about than you'll ever realize it and I really appreciate it (I'm quite sure my future fishy pals do as well).

Welcome to TFF. We have lots of knowledgeable members to answer any questions you may have.
Be sure to vote in our Fish of the Month contest. CLICK HERE to view the poll.

Well, welcome for joining officially in... :hi:
You've already been peering through the glass overhere... so, you know that sufficient members are available to help you out with your questions.

Thanks all. And yes, I'll make sure to vote in the contests - I love looking at everyone's tanks!
Honestly, just reading has answered pretty much every question I've had so far, so no need to bother anyone by asking anything. This place really is a serious archive of fishkeeping wisdom.
I may start a journal for the 38 gallon I'm currently working on...I love reading through/watching other people's tanks take shape.

@Jamie D. Are you really in Billings ? Home to Exotic Pets and Treasure State Aquarium ? I am too !
I am indeed! Small world! I was just at Treasure State buying a pearl gourami and admiring the clown plecos yesterday. He's going to try to order in a Leopard Frog Pleco for me, which is awesome.

*Edited because that was totally the wrong emoji, and clearly I need to learn how emoji shortcuts work on the forum. LOL

I am indeed! Small world! I was just at Treasure State buying a pearl gourami and admiring the clown plecos yesterday. He's going to try to order in a Leopard Frog Pleco for me, which is awesome.

*Edited because that was totally the wrong emoji, and clearly I need to learn how emoji shortcuts work on the forum. LOL
That store is totally awesome. Billings has not seen the like since The Tropical Shop closed years ago. I wish him every good luck wish there is for a prosperous future.

That store is totally awesome. Billings has not seen the like since The Tropical Shop closed years ago. I wish him every good luck wish there is for a prosperous future.
Yes it is. I used to buy my fish/herp stuff from Heights Pet Center, and was totally bummed they were closed when I started looking for fish/plants again. Thank goodness for TS. I hope they're open and thriving for a long time (idiot drivers and burglars notwithstanding).

I hadn't thought about The Tropical Shop in a long time...wow. Blast from the past!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back