Green Things

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bettas

Moved On
Reaction score
in the bag with my catfish i got yesterday there is 2-3 weird green things.there now going round the tANK.

they may be a bit of plastic plant not sure

Gould you explan it more? So, I'm assuming its more solind that liquid, so its prolly not algy, might be a bit of a plant, yes.
Can you explan it more?
Is it on the bottom?
Is it floating?
Is it algy like?
I'm sure you took it out of the tank, though, right?
Oh yeah, could it have been some sort of tablets the LFS put in for the catfish, I mean like pellets for the transportation?

it is floating at the top
no i never got it out
i will now
yes more sollid
little green round things 2 are toghter

First step: Take it out and put it down the toilet. (Or if you thinkk its worth something, keep it and try and take piccys of it)
I can't tell by your description what it is, but if you could find a pic of it on the internet, that'd be great.
Take it out, but keep it in water if you want to eventually figure out what it is..

ill see if its plastic plant
i wont flush it away who knows
i dont know how to find oppics on the net as i dont know what to search

i wont take it out it may be sommet
i cant search it as i dont know what to search

Does it look like this?

duckweed.jpg

yes v v similar to if not
it seems to be yes

Duckweed.

Eat it. Might be good.

Duckweed.

Eat it. Might be good.
Yup. Duckweed. A very common hitchhiker in fish and plant shipments and bags.

It's a fast growing floating plant. You can remove it now or you can leave it and it will eventually grow over the entire surface of the water. The good thing about it is that it will absorb nitrogen and stabilize the tank somewhat. Once it takes hold it's tough to get rid of though, so make up your mind now.

i had it once,its a right pain,i got it off my grandad he said it will be horrible stuff but i thought it would look nice, and it did look nice to a certain extent,but there was a few probs,firstly it blocks light in your tank not a lot but i could tell other plants were not doing so good.secondly when you put your hand in the tank ie. to clean glass or to catch a fish alll the plant will stick to your hand and its right irritating to get off back in to the tank.any ways i would get rid of it as you will regret it later.

Lol, wont the tank water make you sick though? Or is it really ok?

Most reactions

trending

Back