Green Corys-From 3 Days To 5 Months

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DiddleBug

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here are the parents.  The only female is the big one on the far right.
IMG_0980_zps71963986.jpg

Their 250 (around) fry at 3 days old:  
IMG_1132_zpsf56fcc70.jpg

A few weeks old: (They are very hungry little fellows.) :) 
IMG_1160_zpsfa831d95.jpg

IMG_1159_zpsb35dd627.jpg

A little over a month old:  (Ignore the adults in the background.)
IMG_0987_zps429cfb11.jpg

image_zps5825067c.jpg

Three months old:  You can see some little whipper-snappers in the background.) :p
image_zpsa3c1f1e0.jpg

image_zps06184ca9.jpg

Five 1/2 months: (Pictures taken today.)

image_zps3022ebb2.jpg

image_zps20821248.jpg

I hope to keep the best 8 of the 18 I have now, so I'm just waiting till they are older so I can sex them.  
I hope you liked the pictures!  

Ah! These are great! Is this a species only tank? They're so cute!

Thanks. :) Well, I have two tanks and one tub right now. The one tank has a few guppies, but besides that it's just corys.

Thats amazing, pictures are great! So I guess 18 of the 250 survived?  Did you mean to breed them?  Was it easy?

Wow, that's so amazing to be able to see their whole journey growing up!
They're so cute!!! :wub:
Good job :good:

214jay said:
Thats amazing, pictures are great! So I guess 18 of the 250 survived?  Did you mean to breed them?  Was it easy?

I had a lot survive up till when I went on vacation.  (They weren't  very big then.) They really died off then since the sitter didn't feed them like I did or change the water.  At 4 months of age I sold all but the best 18.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'did you mean to breed them'.  I haven't bred these babies yet because they are too young to.  And raising them was pretty easy.  I used Hikari First Bites and did a lot of water changes.   

Ah thats a shame, sitters never seem to be as thorough. What I meant by 'Did you mean to breed them' was....Did you get Cory to enjoy them as fish and they just happened to mate or did you intend to breed them?

reason I ask is because I have 6 Peppered Cory and I would love them to breed.

Ok, gotcha! :) Yes, I meant to breed them.  They have spawned unplanned though before too.  I had them on frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, shrimp pellets, and tropical flakes.  On that diet they pretty much breed regularly wether you like it not.  :)  It was really fun to spawn them and raise the fry.  I just took the eggs-being careful not to let them touch air-and put them in a breeder net above an air stone and almost all the eggs hatched.  I raised the fry for a few days in a small floating container and then let them all go in the 10 gallon with no other fish.  I think you'd have a lot of fun breeding corys.  Plus most LFS will buy the young ones if you have too many, or at least give you some store credit.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back