Green Algae

fatelerror89

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have green algae on the back of my tank. how can i stop this from happening i am doing weekly water changes and keep the light on no more then 8 hours.Ā 

Cut your light down to 5 hours or so. Algae occurs in every tank. You could get fish to help clean it, or clean it yourself.

I lower the light time. I have 3 panda corys and 3 pepper corys in the tank dont know if they will help with the algae? I have just got rid of my sailfin plec but looking to buy a smaller plec

The cory won't help with the algae, as they're not algae eaters. A bristlenose plec would probably help but your tank isn't big enough to keep one permanently. Maybe some otocinclus.

Was looking a zebra pleco or a bull frog pleco. Dont really want something what grows to big

Zebra Plecos aren't really efficient algae eaters and needs protein rich food instead
Ā 
Bull Frog Plecos?Ā 
sad2.gif
Ā Never heard of them, I don't think they exist.

I get a picture of the bull frog pleco I mite have got the name wrong.

fishkeeper.co.uk/site/databank/leopard-frog-pleco-l134-

What ones would be algae eaters what are colourful and dont grow very big ?

I'd say some Otocinclus (best bet), aĀ Bristlenose Plec or someĀ shrimp

Shrimp would be great, but I don't know if those tetra would snack on them or not.

i would haveĀ Bristlenose Plec but i know in a year he will out grow my tank :( and dont really want shrimp. i mite have to try theĀ Ā Otocinclus in the tank but must be aĀ colorful pleco out there what loves algaeĀ Ā 

There aren't any that I can think of :/

Yeah i have not found any either i mite get theĀ Ā Otocinclus for the algae and iĀ colorful plec for my main fish in the tankĀ Ā 

Find some Nerita snails. At least they'll eat the green algae on the backĀ which I presume is green dustĀ algae or green spot algae.Ā Ā No fish eats that. There are nice varieties of them too.

Most reactions

Back