Greedy Danios!

Gilli

Gilli
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
England
So last night I dropped some crab pellets in for the shrimps and 2 of my female zebra danios snatched them up and stuffed them down! Well they went into their mouths ok but lodged there! I could just see the tip of the pink pellets inside their mouths. After running round yelling and panicking for a while I realised that they could still breathe and calmed down a bit. I knew the pellets would soften after a while and hopefully they would be able to either spit them out or gulp them down!

I love all my fish dearly and I was afriad to look this morning incase they were dead, but there they were swimming around all normal again! You would think they wouldnt be hungry after that blow out but there they were pigging the food down I put in this afternoon!!

Zebra danios are scarily greedy!! :lol:
 
Yeah, you really need to be careful what you feed these guys! I've had a white cloud die because it got a bit of pea that was too big stuck in it's mouth, and the same happened with a danio too (though it was a bit of prawn with the danio) :crazy: .
 
feed them on opposite sides of the tank at the same time,( dunno how fast shrimp run to get fed tho :lol:) maybe that would keep the piggies in check ?

shelagh xxxx
 
Trust me it wouldnt work! Those danios zoom from one end to the other snatching everything in sight!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top