Hi,
Hopefully someone is around this evening. I am currently washing my way through several bags of gravel before putting it into my new tank as a substrate.
I've done 2 bags at the moment and thats giving me a depth of 1.5" a the front sloping to about 2.5" at the back. I have a third bag but am unsure on whether to wash it and add it or not.
I will be having live plants in this tropical tank so I'm thinking maybe the extra gravel would be a good idea as a root base for them, but I'm unsure.
Any thoughts, I don't really know how deep it should be. In my 60L tank the gravel bed goes from about 2" to 3" slope, and as this is a bigger tank 300L I tempted to just put the extra gravel in.
Thoughts? (although I may have already now answered myself! - lol)
Hopefully someone is around this evening. I am currently washing my way through several bags of gravel before putting it into my new tank as a substrate.
I've done 2 bags at the moment and thats giving me a depth of 1.5" a the front sloping to about 2.5" at the back. I have a third bag but am unsure on whether to wash it and add it or not.
I will be having live plants in this tropical tank so I'm thinking maybe the extra gravel would be a good idea as a root base for them, but I'm unsure.
Any thoughts, I don't really know how deep it should be. In my 60L tank the gravel bed goes from about 2" to 3" slope, and as this is a bigger tank 300L I tempted to just put the extra gravel in.
Thoughts? (although I may have already now answered myself! - lol)








