Gravel For Cory And Adf

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
well I need to set a 10 Gallon asap and I only have Gravel at the moment. Will that work fine for Cory and AFD? I use to have both with them but changed from worry of its harming them. I will cycle the tank but dont feel like having to deal with changing it over. I will be putting the fish from both of my 5 gallon into the tanks. Suggestions?
 
Gravel as long as it has no sharp edges if fine for corys, so assume it will be for ADF.
 
Hi mwood2 :)

Fine gravel, like this is good for corys and adfs. Coarse gravel (like small pebbles) is not as safe since uneaten food can more easily become trapped and provide food for harmful bacteria. Corys, which live right on the bottom, require a clean environment.

10-15-07Cnarcissus1.jpg


An inexpensive, but safe, alternative is play sand from the home improvement store.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top