Gourami is not doing so good & bushynose pleco died! help wanted!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I am uploading another video I was going to nudge him with my net to show you but I lifted the lid and he freaked out and he's belly flopping around
ok, I guess its good he's moving.

here's the second video
He be movin' like a flounder... I bet he's just doing the flounder dance.

Ok, but I think by seeing him move like that, he may have swim bladders disease or dropsy. I know swim bladders can cause a sideways swim, and I think dropsy can as well... Remember, dropsy is a term used for internal infections, not just one

He be movin' like a flounder... I bet he's just doing the flounder dance.

Ok, but I think by seeing him move like that, he may have swim bladders disease or dropsy. I know swim bladders can cause a sideways swim, and I think dropsy can as well... Remember, dropsy is a term used for internal infections, not just one
ok I know there's not a cure for swim bladder issues but can dropsy be cured? I haven't even seen him eat yet.

ok I know there's not a cure for swim bladder issues but can dropsy be cured? I haven't even seen him eat yet.
I noticed that he has a lump/bump on his side and possibly his head... Has that always been there?

I think dropsy is one to be treated, not cured.

hospital tank+ meds and water changes

hospital tank+ meds and water changes
No, dont use meds. Some meds can make it worse. Aquarium salts work best and are safer to use on fish. A teensy bit if garlic on fish food is also useful for infections. Constant water changes are good if you dont know what the issue is, but since were getting to the root issue, using either salt or garlic may work best. Dont use both though... You will just be making him into a nice fish stew 😂

No, dont use meds. Some meds can make it worse. Aquarium salts work best and are safer to use on fish. A teensy bit if garlic on fish food is also useful for infections. Constant water changes are good if you dont know what the issue is, but since were getting to the root issue, using either salt or garlic may work best. Dont use both though... You will just be making him into a nice fish stew 😂
well I don't have aquarium salt rn and idk what garlic to use like do I buy the pure garlic from store and not powdered right? because I only have powdered garlic

well I don't have aquarium salt rn and idk what garlic to use like do I buy the pure garlic from store and not powdered right? because I only have powdered garlic
This is where the "most meds aren't safe" come in... The other meds that are not "most" have garlic and can be added into the tank, but I have not used them before and would get advice from other members who do know of a good brand and type. Then there is the option of just using pure garlic, not a lot though.

Aquarium salt is fairly cheap and I would recommend getting some if you dont know how or dont feel comfortable with using garlic

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back