Got some cherrys, but they have Ellobiopsidae....

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

betta4ever!

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I went to an lfs to grab some cherrys, and while at the shop, l noticed they had Ellobiopsidae. l was returning them, but then l thought that if l left them there they'd die for sure, so l took them home to try to save them. I did a salt bath ASAP (10 teaspoons in a 1l container) and put them in a breeder box in the main tank. I'll repeat this in 2 days. Now they're eating flakes, which gives me some hope... Wish me luck!

Oh, and any suggestions are welcome, of course...!

Well... l woke up today and... the shrimp look almost fine??! All of them had some obvious green fuzzy things on them but now it seems almost gone??! It's just been 13 hours?! Is that even possible?:oops:

Ok... l've got a question. All of them also have green inside them like the one in the picture. (not my pic). Is that normal or also Ellobiopsidae? (the food l give them is red but idk what they fed them at the store)

IMG_2206_1200x1200.JPG

Ok... l've got a question. All of them also have green inside them like the one in the picture. (not my pic). Is that normal or also Ellobiopsidae? (the food l give them is red but idk what they fed them at the store)

IMG_2206_1200x1200.JPG
Pls respond l really need to know... @Essjay

I've never had to deal with this condition and I know little about it, I'm afraid.

I've never had to deal with this condition and I know little about it, I'm afraid.
Oh, OK. Glad you never had to deal with it. You have a shrimp as a pfp so l was like ''heyy l'll tag Essjay'' ,lol.

I had shrimp problems when I first got them around 12 years ago as they all kept dying. But one female was berried and a lot of the baby shrimps survived and they formed the start of my colony.

I never discovered why those first adults died while the babies thrived, as has every adult I've added since to the same tank (to widen the gene pool)

I had shrimp problems when I first got them around 12 years ago as they all kept dying. But one female was berried and a lot of the baby shrimps survived and they formed the start of my colony.

I never discovered why those first adults died while the babies thrived, as has every adult I've added since to the same tank (to widen the gene pool)
I never had a problem with shrimp (until now...), but l never got them breeding either...(my betta's fault lol). Good to hear yours have been thriving since!

IMG_2206_1200x1200.JPG
I think the blue in the head is fine, as i've seen other shrimp like that.

Got a happy update for anyone following this thread! Out of the 6 shrimp, 5 are completely ok and have no signs of ellobiopsidae anymore. 3 of those have already molted, and l'm waiting for the other 2 to molt too to release them to the main tank. There's one shrimp that's getting worse, which l separated from the others the second day that l had them. lt's not improving, but not suffering either. So l'll do salt baths for 2 more weeks but if l see no improvement, l'll stop and just let it live the rest of its life in the GBR grow out.

IMG_2206_1200x1200.JPG
Whatever it is, this is an awesome pic...glad to hear that (most) are doing well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back