Got new allergy test done…. Results 😭😭😭😭

CaptainBarnicles

Resident Pleco Hater
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
What type of pizza has tuna on it? 😅
Or are you saying that cause there is no pizza with tuna so therefore no pizza can be ruined 🤣
Some crazy people have sweetcorn and tuna on their pizza...I mean, they actually PAY for it...I mean...what? 🤮

Ham and pineapple is controversial but tuna...TUNA....come on 🙄

Rocky998

Gudgeon Man/Fry Lord
Reaction score
Some crazy people have sweetcorn and tuna on their pizza...I mean, they actually PAY for it...I mean...what? 🤮

Ham and pineapple is controversial but tuna...TUNA....come on 🙄
Yah that's gross...
That's disturbing.
The pizza gods are displeased 🤣

I like pineapple on pizza! Really good!

But who was like: "Hm, tuna... AH! TUNA PIZZA!"

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
You can't ruin pizza, just add more stuff to it. Sardines/ (anchovies for the US), capsicum, ham and pineapple, tomatoe, cat :werewolf:

Rocky998

Gudgeon Man/Fry Lord
Reaction score
Agreed. Finally something not weird out of your mouth ;) jk
Don't worry I'm weird...

Ok but seriously please don't call me weird even though I know your just joking.
Getting old now. It's been said a lot in here. Or at least feels like it has

Alice B

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I really miss bread. I used to make the most amazing homemade bread, and my cinnamon raisin bread was the holiday treat for my whole family. Half of my grandkids are relatively intolerant of wheat, I gave my oven away - never tasted anything baked that was good without wheat until my daughter made a carrot cake this past weekend using a gluten free flour - it was mostly rice flower. And it was good. Doesn't make up for the missing cinnamon raisin bread but blinding migraines are not a lot of fun.

When I was a teenager I went thru the hives for about 3 weeks, we never figured out why, and that was before the dog and cat allergies gave me pneumonia. Having a lot of allergies is not fun. But I've learned that corn tortilla taquitos are good, and now that I can tolerate cheese again, they are tasty and it helps to have something to eat. Fortunately most vegetables and I are friends. I totally get the frustration of food allergies. I also think my wheat allergy ran up my inflammation - I had a CRP of 11.8 about 10 years ago, before I realized wheat was a problem. It's down to a normal range now. Inflammation causes cancer and heart disease I think. Not to mess around with. Take care of yourself - make a list of things you CAN eat - and I make up recipes combining those things I can eat that are healthy for me - use a lot of spices. I also take a good probiotic if I want ice cream- I'm lactose intolerant, lol..... it's not fun, but it's better to live healthy @JuiceBox52

GaryE

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I grew up with a knock me over dead set of allergies to:
chocolate
apples
strawberries
peaches
cats (not tested as food, but I am not a werewolf)
and a raft of non food items.

I had 6 desensitization injections a week from the age of 8 to 11.

My allergies changed with puberty, and I was able to taste chocolate and apples. Strawberries and peaches are still trouble, but only minor. I was terrible with cats and dogs til my mid 50s, when they changed again. The test I had that showed me to be all clear was one of the most delightful shocks in my life.
I now have a dog and no life threatening allergies, except to... bloodworm proteins. I get Mickey Mouse hands if I even touch water they've been fed into.

It's no party, and I sympathize. But you work around it - what else can you do? Be vigilant and hang in there.

GaryE

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of something encouraging as a positive idea from all this, and I have one!

Not only did my allergy treatments make me have zero fear of injections, but I also got so sick of needles that I never became a junkie.

Hey, sometimes when we first get bad news, positivity is a bit of a stretch, but it's out there.

Most reactions