Got My New Fish Today

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
6,879
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
GB
well the fella came round today with the above fish and took my 3 clown loaches. the bosemanis are pretty much full grown and absolutely dwarf my youngsters which are around 2" only downside is one of them has a slight ulcer on its side but got some meds on the go so im sure i will clear it up nice fish tho. the jade eyed cichlids are absolute mint condition really nice specemins ( spirulus not sajica ) excuse the spelling not exactly hot on latin names :lol:
 
well the fella came round today with the above fish and took my 3 clown loaches. the bosemanis are pretty much full grown and absolutely dwarf my youngsters which are around 2" only downside is one of them has a slight ulcer on its side but got some meds on the go so im sure i will clear it up nice fish tho. the jade eyed cichlids are absolute mint condition really nice specemins ( spirulus not sajica ) excuse the spelling not exactly hot on latin names :lol:

Pics! I wanna see.
 
camera battery flat at mo so its charging will try and get some later. the cichlids im particularly pleased with they are quite drab colours really a light browny base coloer with darker virticle stripes but nice jade/blue eyes and the top os the dorsal fin when they extend it has 2 horizontal stripes 1 red 1 blue altho they are very subtle and you only see them when the light catches them right. the bosemanis are id say not far of 5" and the little ones immediately shoaled with them following them round the tank as if being under the wing of " big bro "
 
not the best pics i know the new fish are still a little nervous and i cant get to grips with this new camera its terrible for getting decent pics thru glass
you can just about make out 1 of the bosemanis at the bottom of pic 1
jade.gif

jade2.gif
 
. the rainbows are in need of a little tlc but now they are in good water with the right meds im sure they will come on . the cichlidsi got as jade eyedcichlid have posted in new worldcichlid section a pic so the experts can confirm but no reply yet so will wait and see. very similar in shape to convicts yes . since the adult bosemans went in the young males in my tank have suddenly started to show lots more colour almost overnight the difference is quite amazing
 
They are beautiful. I bought 2 boesemani's today but they are practically silver, was meant to be a pair. I think I've been done!!
 
thanks my other bosemanis are like that its cos they are young mel
 
thanks my other bosemanis are like that its cos they are young mel

Oh is that the reason? Cool if that's why mine are. When I switched the tank lights on just now I just noticed a bit of orange on the male but it went with the light, obviously stressed out cos he's new in the tank. They are about 2" long is that young? I love your fish Mark, you have such good taste in fish! I saw some sev's in the shop yesterday and stood for a while and decided against it. Maybe one day if I have a cichlid tank with rock and no plants and purely for cichlids, but I don't think its going to be right for my community at the mo :)
 
yes if they are only 2" mel they are ypoung like most of mine the ones i got the other day are almost 5"
 

Most reactions

Back
Top