Got my hands on a true albino oscar.

Bub

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was told a 55 was good for 1
A lot of people seem to think it is, but most people I've seen are starting to realize that it's quite small for them. As I said, they grow longer than the tank is wide, which I would say makes the tank unsuited for an adult. A 75 gallon would be much preferable as it offers more width for them.

LostBear

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I’m just pointing them out. It’s weird that his eyes are red even though he has black but I suppose that just happens sometimes.
I don't think he has black patches - I think it's just darker areas (gravel, tubes etc) showing through the pale thin fin tissue.

jkkgron2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't think he has black patches - I think it's just darker areas (gravel, tubes etc) showing through the pale thin fin tissue.
If you look closely you can see a pattern, unless the cords are curved exactly to the shape of the fins I’m pretty sure that it’s coloration. I’ve seen a few similar oscars before, none exactly like this but a few had that black pattern.

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month!
2x Tank of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to think it is, but most people I've seen are starting to realize that it's quite small for them. As I said, they grow longer than the tank is wide, which I would say makes the tank unsuited for an adult. A 75 gallon would be much preferable as it offers more width for them.
This.

Yeah I'd go 75g or larger. If the tank is only as wide as he is long, thats not a very comfortable space to turn around in. I think both you and him would be much happier with him having a larger space.

Zero clue on what kind he is though. Only albinos I've seen have had the orange markings. He's quite unique looking!

OP
R

rlamot0024

Reaction score
This.

Yeah I'd go 75g or larger. If the tank is only as wide as he is long, thats not a very comfortable space to turn around in. I think both you and him would be much happier with him having a larger space.

Zero clue on what kind he is though. Only albinos I've seen have had the orange markings. He's quite unique looking!
Ok maybe ill just look for a 75 for him then

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days