Got my hands on a true albino oscar.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I was told a 55 was good for 1
A lot of people seem to think it is, but most people I've seen are starting to realize that it's quite small for them. As I said, they grow longer than the tank is wide, which I would say makes the tank unsuited for an adult. A 75 gallon would be much preferable as it offers more width for them.

Iā€™m just pointing them out. Itā€™s weird that his eyes are red even though he has black but I suppose that just happens sometimes.
I don't think he has black patches - I think it's just darker areas (gravel, tubes etc) showing through the pale thin fin tissue.

I don't think he has black patches - I think it's just darker areas (gravel, tubes etc) showing through the pale thin fin tissue.
If you look closely you can see a pattern, unless the cords are curved exactly to the shape of the fins Iā€™m pretty sure that itā€™s coloration. Iā€™ve seen a few similar oscars before, none exactly like this but a few had that black pattern.

A lot of people seem to think it is, but most people I've seen are starting to realize that it's quite small for them. As I said, they grow longer than the tank is wide, which I would say makes the tank unsuited for an adult. A 75 gallon would be much preferable as it offers more width for them.
This.

Yeah I'd go 75g or larger. If the tank is only as wide as he is long, thats not a very comfortable space to turn around in. I think both you and him would be much happier with him having a larger space.

Zero clue on what kind he is though. Only albinos I've seen have had the orange markings. He's quite unique looking!

Heres a pic of one of his siblings. I guess they do have a tiny bit of black in the fin. I didnt notice it in person

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200810-115131_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200810-115131_Chrome.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 157
This.

Yeah I'd go 75g or larger. If the tank is only as wide as he is long, thats not a very comfortable space to turn around in. I think both you and him would be much happier with him having a larger space.

Zero clue on what kind he is though. Only albinos I've seen have had the orange markings. He's quite unique looking!
Ok maybe ill just look for a 75 for him then

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back