Got A Dwarf Puffer X)

two males crazy.gif

1 per tank wink.gif

I am sooo sorry! i meant to say 1 female, and 1 more male in my tank :D

I have 1 female at the moment :D

Thanks for pointing that out mate ;)
 
Very interesting little fish...might be an option to put 1male and 2 females into my tank....are they a species only tank? will anything else go with them
 
check out my pinned topic in the oddball forum :)
 
okay ill answer some questions :P

sounds good then biggrin.gif

hehe indeed :lol:

you know its a girl? smile.gif

i want someeee

need to sell guppies tongue2.gif

I know its a girl :P no black stripe on her belly, or wrinkles :D
and yer, get rid of guppies XD :hey:

Very interesting little fish...might be an option to put 1male and 2 females into my tank....are they a species only tank? will anything else go with them

They are a superb fish! such a great personallity! i am having 1 male and 2 females hopefully ;) I've read people have great sucess with keeping Ottos and also some shrimp, at the lfs where i got mine, the staff member said any fast moving fish, but i'd play it safe! Suppose if you put other fish in and let it establish its territory then add puffer; but not 100% that would work :P :P

check out my pinned topic in the oddball forum smile.gif

I have my friend, very useful indeed!

im updating my main post later! stay tuned B-)
 
they eat shrimp. I would try ghost shrimp first and see how he acts.
I've never found ghost shrimp small enough for my DPs to eat. Mine lived with amano shrimp no problem as they and the otos were in the tank first :D

Tank size?
Any tankmates? (:o)
Water parameters?
:)

Look here
i am gonna get some DP's as well.
i have many pond snails that i can donate to their diet. i wonder if they would get along with a bumble gombi?

I wouldn't. They really should be species only. I pushed it with otocinclus but wouldn't risk anything else.


A few tips of mine....when young the puffers are reasonably amicable and tolerate each other well, but as they reach sexual maturity 6 months onwards, they become territorial and feisty.
When they turn 6 months old or just before, you'll be able to sex them properly. Males will have wrinkles and females will not. It's a common misconception that only males have the dark belly stripe. If you have a tank full of females, the dominant fish will get the dark belly stripe. I know as it happened to me.

Don't try to push the stocking limits. I go with a 20L tank for one fish, allowing the 15 litres of water (not tank size) per fish. As cute as these little guys are, theres a saying in the puffer world that is 'Never Trust a puffer'. They are velociraptors in disguise :lol:

Overfilter your tank as they are messy little things eating meaty foods and pooping for medals.

The more planting and cavework you have in the tank (especially if having more than one) the better. It breaks up line of sight and if the puffers can't see each other they won't fight so much. Also it keeps the fish busy.

The pacing up and down the glass in a new puffer is normal. It's nerves and often a habit formed when the fish in in the shop through boredom. It should stop eventually if the tank is well decorated to ake the fish feel secure.

Check out my tank thread as I have plenty of pics of my DPs in that. I now have 4 DPs in a 60L tank :D
 
Lol, well I never thought of sending him that link xD.
:nod:
Anyways, you sound very excited with these puffers! :)
Like when your child gives takes their first walks, your puffer gives their first poop! :)
 
I am getting a Dwarf Puffer too. Only just bought the tank though so will be a while yet.

My lfs hadn't got any but he said he used to have lots of them at home all in different tanks. Spotted Puffers and Figure Eight. He looked confused when i mentioned Dwarf puffer but said he will do some research and get me one in.

Think I will only have one puffer though, my tank is only 35L.

Would be lovely to see some pics of yours :)
 
hey guys!

I'm trying to get a clear shot ^^ I'm gonna update when I got a bit off time :)

Mine were £2.00 each! Whoa!

Bagu ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top