Gosh What Are Theese?

cheerycherry

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I got some new plants this morning so planted them after washing them under the cold tap now on one of them I see like a bag of jelly like substabce with small white dots flotaing inside do you think theese are snails eggs?
They have only literally been in the tank for 3 hours now.

The fish I have at the moment are 2x gourami (male&female)

2 x black molly (females)

1x dwarf gourami (female)

1x albino rainbow shark

Should I remove them?
 
Yes, pond snail or tadpole snail eggs.

Whether you should remove them or not depends on whether you'd mind having snails in the tank. :) They won't cause any major trouble unless you overfeed heavily.
 
I thought they bred like mad though? I just dont want my tank over run with them really -_-
 
Their population is self-limiting based on available food (algae, leftover fish food, dying plant leaves). Many fish will eat the tiny baby snails that have just hatched. The rainbow shark in particular would probably appreciate the snack.

But if you don't feel comfortable having them, just remove the eggs. Although chances are some baby snails have escaped your notice and will be populating your tank anyway.
 
Depends on the snail, they might go crazy, or they might not be that visible. If you don't overfeed, they'll make a nice addition to the aquarium. Also, they sound like tadpole eggs, try hatching them out!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top