Goodnight Little Birdie

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Saedcantas

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just wanted to share some pictures of my beautiful little Birdie, he was 7 at the beginning of this month but it was time to finally leave us today, over the last year he was even more characterful than ever singing all day every day and making watching telly very difficult! He always greeted me loudly when I came home at the weekends and the last time I saw him on Sunday night I told him he was a cheeky boy and I loved him very much, got him to give me a nibble and our time was up.

I'm just sorry I couldnt have spent more time with him
Sleep well my little blue man :wub: :(

cere2small.jpg

Thanks for reading,
Lotte***

Attachments

• birdysmaller.jpg
    birdysmaller.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 56
  • birdie1smaller.jpg
    birdie1smaller.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 39
  • birdie2.JPG
    birdie2.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 40
Oh no :rip: whas he ill or was it old age ?

He was such a handsome boy and those are really beautiful pics and I will nominate any you choose :wub:

Dont worry guys I know my own pet of 7 years well enough to know that he was a he ;) His cere had begun to thicken and go brown over the last couple of months and I'd consulted various breeders on what this indicated.
We never made it to have a vets check but maybe it was for the best, male budgie's ceres turn brown in the case of altered hormones, it is likely that Birdie had testicular cancer which is relatively common. He made an average age for a budgie and every second of his company was worth how I feel now. Bloo, the correct answer I suppose is that he was ill, but it just was his time. My Dad was the last person to see him well this morning, he sang and rang his bell when my dad gave him a millet spray, happy as anything and acting completely as normal, as animals have a sad habit of doing even to the end.

I buried him under the pear tree so he can sleep in it's branches forever :-(
Lotte***

P.S: Graham, I think I have mentioned that I am also a longtime LF member before, but I dont know your username on there?

P.P.S: Bloo, If I could I'd chose the second picture, the one where he was reading Autotrader, fighting (knotted ;) ) plastic bags to the death and generally looking pompous :wub:

they do do that, don't they? They always looks like they're better right before they go...

sorry for your loss :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back