Good Exchange?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

benthyer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I have a 130L 2ft cube aquarium with stand, and lights. Someone is offering me a used Fluval 205 external filter in exchange for it and to be honest I am very tempted but what are your thoughts on this, would you say this is a good deal?

I have been offered £60 for the above with a fluval U4 but if I keep the U4 and take the 205 I can sell the U4 for £20 maybe £30.

What's your thoughts on this?

Bartering is all about how you feel about a deal. If you're doing it grudgingly, don't. If, however, you feel keen and the filter is in good working order, go for it. But please make sure you set up and check the filter is in good order, don't just plug it in and check the impeller spins. I got caught out on an eheim 2224. It came with no tubing or fittings. I bought the tubing, uplift, spray bar and set it up.......spewed water when I started filling it, it had a crack around the seal housing. I've decided not to go down the used filter route anymore, too much risk, the other problem is not knowing how long it may last, I feel happier with a warranty. Good luck with you're dealings

If its a 2ft cube, it should hold more than 130L
sad2.gif

It only a good deal if you get what you want. I will second Elmo, hook the filter up and check it running before you swap anything

A 2 foot cube tank, according to forum calculator 24 x 24 x 24 inches, is 227 litres / 60 US gals, not a bad tank size really.

Think your tank may actually be worth more than a Fluval 206 which is newer model than the 205, brand new 206 is about £75 to £85 depending where you buy it from. 

2nd hand Fluval 205 is about £25 - £40 on eBay.

Up to you :/

I must have the measurements wrong as I know it's about 130L.

That being said I have now sold it for £60 and will just purchase an external filter but not sure what to get.....I can feel a new thread coming on! Haha.

Thanks all

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back