Going To My Lfs Today For Fish But Dont Know What To Get

shrew

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
devon
my tank is 260l 128x45x45cm has 300w heater 2x 40w 48" lights 2 filters one built into the hood the other is a fluval 305 with per filter bio max and carbon waters readings are
amonnia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20
ph 6.6
the stock is
3 clown loaches (my mate is having them when they out grow my tank)
20 zebra danios
15 green tiger barbs
1 rtbs
2 bn catfish
any help would be good looking at tetras if that helps thanks
 
I'd say a nice big group of Bleeding Heart tetras. Your tank is a fair size so i think these could make a nice school.

Bleeding Heart Tetra Here is the link to their profile.

EDIT: Taking another look at you list you already have a good number of fish in there. So maybe more of a center stage fish would be a better choice.
 
thanks for the reply i had 2 rams in there as a centre piece but they werent happy so moved to my other tank any suggestions for a centre piece
 
You know what im having some real trouble finding a center piece fish for your tank. I initially thought Angel fish but then quickly remembers that these are a no go with barbs. Which you have a good number of. So no Angels. I then looked through the index in the new world section. I found the Keyhole Cichlid. I don't know anymore about them that the whats in the index but they might be a good match for your needs.

Here is the link Keyhole Cichlid
 
[i was looking at lemon, penguin and cardinal tetras would any of these work
 
I don't see why any of those wouldn't work. Lemons are my fav of the three. They enjoy higher numbers but with that ill also have to say you'll have alot of fish. Getting close to your limit i think. That is why i suggested one or two center piece fish. Its still your call however.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top