Reaction score
Common name: Glowlight Tetra

Scientific name: Hemigrammus erythrozonus

Family: Characidae

Origin: Guyana

Maximum size: 2 inches

Minimum Tank Size: 15 gallons

Temperature: 75-79 degrees

Care: A schooling fish that needs to be in groups of six or more. Very undemanding. This tetra makes a good community fish for beginners. They like low light and plants to hide in.

Feeding: Accepts flake food and live foods such as bloodworms and brine shrimp.

Sexing: Females are considerably fatter than the males.

Breeding: Fry hatch after 24 hours. Start feeding microworms and newly hatched brine shrimp after 3-4 days of hatching.

97809af4.jpg

I have a group of 4 in a 10 gallon tank I think these are glow light tetras what do u think... there is also 2 black Mollys and 2 guppies .. is this too much for a 10g

DSC00162_Fotor.jpg

DSC00163_Fotor.jpg

I have a group of 4 in a 10 gallon tank I think these are glow light tetras what do u think... there is also 2 black Mollys and 2 guppies .. is this too much for a 10g

View attachment 83881

View attachment 83882

You might want to PM a moderator and have this thread moved to the general discussion area, where more will see it. But as I'm here, I will respond.

Yes, you have too many fish as they grow. Mollies get large, and need at least a 20g long tank, preferably larger. Lopng means 30 inch length, the standard 20g is 24 inches. Mollies should grow to 4-6 inches.

Mollies need moderately hard or harder water. Glowlights are the opposite, needing softer water, though they are somewhat adaptable but not to extreme hardness. Their pale colouration may be due to the water parameters. Do you know the GH, KH and pH of your tap water?

Glowlights would also be better with a larger group; if you can remove the mollies, you could get another 3-4 glowlights for a total of 7-8. That would ease their stress from too few of them; shoaling fish live in groups of hundreds and this impacts their physiology.

Byron.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back