Glow And Flow Vs Grow.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

372xp

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 45ltr tank which houses 1 b.splendens and 1 ottocinculus. Last week I baffled the flow on the filter as b.splendens was struggling, although enjoying, swimming about. I have noticed that since doing that the plants, particularly the vallis, both normal,and giant, have started to suffer. Is this an effect of rhe reduced flow? Also last week one of the t5's went and i replaced it with an old one, this is quite weak it has a low k yellowish glow to it it runs alongside a blue t5. I add api leafzone and seachem flourish excell once a week after water change. My other tanks grow just fine with normal flow, so I am wandering if it is flow which is the issue. this is the tank, as you can see growth is not great, the tank has been running for 18 months. The swords saggitaria and annubias have been in from the start, lame growth. The vallis wisteria and the other one next to filter( cant remember what its called) have been in for 3
Months.

Lo wflow might mean reduced CO2 getting round the tank.
Excel should be added daily - no point in adding it weekly. If you do decide to do that I'd recommend a Complete fert with Nitrates and Phosphates too.....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back