Glossostigma elatinoides

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

AnFianna

Reaction score
I tried to be a little too clever with Glossostigma and had no success getting it grounded. I'm sure I read somewhere that this is a floating plant anyway? Well it did just that, and reproduced - I should have sold the stuff LOL I was having to net it out by the ton every few days.

I know it can be used as a floor covering, tis what I wanted it for, but I failed in getting it to ground. There are some fantastic pictures and examples round the new where people have used this and with gravel, but I have no idea how.

Has anyone had any success with this, any tips and ideas on how to use it and get it started?

Thanks in advance.

PS. How on earth do you get rid of it? I thought I'd cleared it all out before adding some new fish - but guess what was floating about again lol

I don't think glosso is what you have. Glosso is high maintenance and isn't a floating plant. I have a feeling what you're describing is duckweed.

Duck weed? :eek:

lol come to think of it you're probably right - :sad: I think the unmensioned mail order company is gonna get some ear ache, as it's given me nothing but a headache - but hey suppose one has to smile thinking that I have tried to ground duckweed as a floor covering lol

....right, might go look for a mail order company that will supply me with Glossotigma and have another go lol

Thanks for reply :)

Cheers

:( duckweed it is - but many thanks for that link :)

Still don't believe I've been so gullable with it ?!?!?!?!

Ah well - will get it sorted next time round lol

Thanks again :)

if u can get it from a mail order company could u let me noe as i am lookin for it as well

Yup i second Green Line Aquatics... thats where i got mine from, but it didnt take :(

Most reactions

Back