Glass Surfing Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wolframite_7SK

Reaction score
So a week ago I got 4 new corydoras catfish, 2 peppered and 2 pandas (don't worry I already have other corys at home they're not lonely) but they're still glass surfing. Should they be accustomed enough already, or is this abnormal? Not only that, but ALL of the fish in my tank glass surf now a lot after water changes, when they didn't do that before. Cycling isn't the problem at least, my tank's been established for a good 5 months or so

So a week ago I got 4 new corydoras catfish, 2 peppered and 2 pandas (don't worry I already have other corys at home they're not lonely) but they're still glass surfing. Should they be accustomed enough already, or is this abnormal? Not only that, but ALL of the fish in my tank glass surf now a lot after water changes, when they didn't do that before. Cycling isn't the problem at least, my tank's been established for a good 5 months or so
Can you post a video of a fish? You can post a video on youtube and paste the link here.

They are glass surfing cause they are stressed, this is why corries need to be in groups of 6+. I would return 1 variety and get 4 of the other, how big is your tank?

This is one of my angelfish had the same problem but after i put her in bigger tank the behavior is gone, might be stress.

It sounds like stress, I had one albino cory that did that all the time until I bought more, They still do it once in awhile but spend more time on the bottom sitting in a group.

you need substrate on the bottom of the tank so the fish have a definite top and bottom of the environment.

Here’s a video of two of them

@CryptFan they’re in a 29 gallon planted community tank with a platy & 3 harlequin Rasboras (I’m getting 4 more this weekend - PetSmart only had 3 when I bought em last week). Funnily enough I’ve not had any issues with the Rasboras glass surfing outside of water changes

@Colin_T they’re in a river rock gravel substrate, but the catfish seem to have trouble eating because of it so I’m switching to sand soon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back