Hey,
I have had a huge ramshorn and a burrowing spixi apple snail for over a year now, and they have never reproduced anything before [i wasn't expecting them to].
But the other day I noticed a baby Blue trapdoor apple snail crawling around..
Is it possible that this blue apple snail came from the ramshorn + spixi?
I havn't made any changes to the tank, and there's no way an apple snail some how got in there - as the tanks full of MTS and pond snails.
Cheers,
Paul.
I have had a huge ramshorn and a burrowing spixi apple snail for over a year now, and they have never reproduced anything before [i wasn't expecting them to].
But the other day I noticed a baby Blue trapdoor apple snail crawling around..
Is it possible that this blue apple snail came from the ramshorn + spixi?
I havn't made any changes to the tank, and there's no way an apple snail some how got in there - as the tanks full of MTS and pond snails.
Cheers,
Paul.
. Maybe some snails are hermaphrodites and dont need two snails? Never heard of that, although i know any two garden snails(if they are the same species) can breed because there is no real male/female(or there is and they change sex, i cant remember which
).








