Giant danios

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dwarfgourami

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
In my lfs they have a few giant danios- and they are just sooo beautiful, and clearly not in the right place, small tank with a dwarf gourami. Think I'm in love... :wub:

Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT proposing to buy them and stick them in my 60 ltrs tank - but one can daydream....maybe I could get a bigger tank out of the family for my 50th (that would give them 9 years to save up...).

I know, MTS, bad sign. I'm already making plans for the extra tanks I can fit in when my son leaves home (he's 4). :rofl:

Anyway, my question was:

if you were to set up a tank with giant danios and perhaps something else (all Asian would be nice) what would you go for?

What size? Plenty of swimming space, I suppose?

How many would you keep? A big shoal would be beautiful, but you would need lots of space.

Any suitable tank mates? Would khuulies be alright or might the danios try to snack on them?

Most tankmates would be fine. They aren't aggressive, although I think they can be a bit nippy to fish with long fins. Ask The-Wolf. He's the danio guy.

I have an "asian set up"
72 gal tank
6 giant danios. 6 moustached danios, 6 bengal danios, 6 (unconfirmed)danio meghalaya and many loaches as bottom feeders.
there is some bogwood and a few plants but the top half of the tank is open water to allow the danios swimming space.

The giants school very well with the other danios and it looks fantastic.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back