Ghosts

Welcome to "Demonology 101".
There are too much to share here and I will only share some key points.

1)Firstly, I will share from the Bible.
Jesus Restores Two Demon-Possessed Men
When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”
Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” Matthew 8:28-31 (NIV)

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; Mark 16:17

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe and tremble!
James 2:19 (NKJV)

"in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes." James 2:19(NIV)

2)
From the Bible, we believed that demons/evil spirits are the fallen angels who disobeyed God.
Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

There are different hierarchy of demons mentioned in the Bible.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6: 12-13

The 4 rankings of demons where the lowest is the principalities and the highest is the spiritual wickedness in high places.

3)My own experiences(brief one).
I used to serve in my church in praying for people who were harassed or oppressed by demons.
Most of them who came for prayers are people who were involved with other religions or occultic practices in the past.
And I thanked God that He gives me the "gift of discerning of spirits" as He showed me the demons/evil spirits that were at work and were harassing the people.
And I was able to command them to leave through the name of Jesus.

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; Mark 16:17

"He (the Holy Spirit) who is in you is greater than he(satan) who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

4) Human being is a tripartite. We have a body, soul and spirit.
Our spirit-man have spiritual senses such as spiritual eyes, ears, nose, etc.
We can see into the spiritual realms if God allow us or sometimes the spirit world intentionally revealed themselves to us.

Demons can appear in almost any forms such as wild animals, fearful creatures or even as beautiful woman or handsome man.
But take note that they are fallen angels and they are extremely evil and wicked.
Their main objective is to destroy human beings who were created in the image of God and to turn us away from God.

5)Nevertheless, our God is far greater than satan and all his demons.
"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." Acts 10:38.

And we have many hierarchy of angels who are on our side:
Seraphim(closest to God), Cherubim, Archangels, Angels, etc.

Angelic Hierarchy according to St. Thomas Aquinas:

Seraphim
Cherubim
Thrones
Dominions
Virtues
Powers
Principalities
Archangels
Angels

There are too much things to share here, hence I list down some books for your reading.

1)They shall expel demons by Derek Prince

2)I give you authority, Practicing the Authority Jesus Gave Us by Charles Kraft
https://www.amazon.com/Give-You-Authority-Practicing-Jesus-ebook/dp/B007764ONO

3)When Pigs move in by Don Dickerman
https://www.amazon.sg/When-Pigs-Move-Don-Dickerman/dp/1599794616

4) Listen to me, Satan! by Carlos Annacondia

5)Defeating Dark Angels by Charles Kraft

Let me know if you want more material, I can provide for you.
There are too much info available today.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”
Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” Matthew 8:28-31 (NIV)

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe and tremble!

"in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes." James 2:19(NIV)

2)
From the Bible, we believed that demons/evil spirits are the fallen angels who disobeyed God.
Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6: 12-13

The 4 rankings of demons where the lowest is the principalities and the highest is the spiritual wickedness in high places.

I used to serve in my church in praying for people who were harassed or oppressed by demons.
Most of them who came for prayers are people who were involved with other religions or occultic practices in the past.
And I thanked God that He gives me the "gift of discerning of spirits" as He showed me the demons/evil spirits that were at work and were harassing the people.

"He (the Holy Spirit) who is in you is greater than he(satan) who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

We can see into the spiritual realms if God allow us or sometimes the spirit world intentionally revealed themselves to us.

Demons can appear in almost any forms such as wild animals, fearful creatures or even as beautiful woman or handsome man.
But take note that they are fallen angels and they are extremely evil and wicked.
Their main objective is to destroy human beings who were created in the image of God and to turn us away from God.

"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." Acts 10:38.

Seraphim
Cherubim
Thrones
Dominions
Virtues
Powers
Principalities
Archangels
Angels

There are too much things to share here, hence I list down some books for your reading.

Thank you so much for providing the information!

Johnny is a hobo and totally harmless, but he is about 3 inches long. He comes out and sits with me when the sun is out. There is another kind of spider similar to him but without the beautiful markings called a recluse, and those are nasty! Luckily they hide most of the time.

I live in a house where all the boys are terrified of spiders, even if they are just 1mm long. Go figure. :rolleyes:
I hate spiders with a passion. I actually have severe Arachnophobia. That picture made me almost throw up. ?

I hate spiders with a passion. I actually have severe Arachnophobia. That picture made me almost throw up. ?
You don't want to come anywhere near my place then. There are at least 3 spiders on every light fitting, and at least one spider on every 6 inches of floor space. walk into the kitchen at night and there are single threads of web hanging down from all the new babies. I go on a stomping spree every couple of weeks and kill a hundred or so, but it doesn't reduce their numbers. I have more species of spider in my house than most countries have.

I was going to say my poltergeist were demons but thought I’d freak you guys out. I do think they were demonic. Why else would they have gone nuts when my sister anointed my house with Holy Oil? I believe being a Christian Believer and prayer saved us. My next door neighbor told us some people who lived in the house before practiced a weird religion. No telling what they conjured up.
Sounds about right. I am a Christian and have had many demonic experiences. I can tell you that the power of Jesus Christ is stronger than any demon. Demons are afraid of God. In His name we have freedom and protection. Without Jesus I would be dead.

Eh, fair. I have a habit of getting defensive and expect the worst response-wise whenever I discuss my deeper beliefs (which I rarely do in the first place).

Yeah, that'd probably do it. Though exactly why demonic hosts effectively screw around in abandoned buildings waiting to give random passerby the spooks when they could be doing literally anything more productive, I don't have an answer to.
It's about deception. And they certainly will target a Christ-follower. But nothing can stand against Jesus Christ.

2)

Seraphim
Cherubim
Thrones
Dominions
Virtues
Powers
Principalities
Archangels
Angels

Excellent! I am also blessed with the gift of discernment and we survived by our sword and our shield. My sister anointing the house with Holy Oil really rattled the demons. That was our proof that it was denomic pure evil in our presence.

You don't want to come anywhere near my place then. There are at least 3 spiders on every light fitting, and at least one spider on every 6 inches of floor space. walk into the kitchen at night and there are single threads of web hanging down from all the new babies. I go on a stomping spree every couple of weeks and kill a hundred or so, but it doesn't reduce their numbers. I have more species of spider in my house than most countries have.
While reading this post, I am in the middle of the 1990 movie called "arachnophobia". It's a part horror, part comedy film. If anyone wants to watch it, it's free on youtube. Looks to be an enjoyable movie and has good ratings.

Most reactions

Back