ghost shrimp

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

brookie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just got 6 ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon tank. i also have 4 neon tertras i read they are conpatable so im not afraid of that but will they breed? and how so?

What is incompatible? 6 shrimp or shrimp and neons?

They should be able to breed without a problem, but I would think that keeping the babies alive would be the hardest part.

Neons need to be kept in groups of at least around six, being schooling fish and all.

incompatible means if they will live peace fully together. i have 6 ghost shimp. i also have 4 neon tetras

i have had ghost shrimp and they started killing my neons! be careful and if you notice the neons are starting to dissapear get rid of the shrimp as i did it can prove costly.

joni

I know what the word means. :p

I was asking if you meant the shrimp were compatible with one another. Other part of it was, are you asking if the neons are compatible with the shrimp. Two options(?).

I heard about that neon thing before. Turned out the person did not have ghost shrimp. Well, then there was another who said it was ghost shrimp.

Anyways, most of us have had good luck with them.

Also, there is an invertebrates and amphibians forum. That is where this post should have gone. ;)

Just a fun fact:
Schooling fish:-->Did you know that a school of fish is an un orginized group of fish aimlesly wondering in the water.

Shooling fish:-->Is a group of fish that form groups of fish that work together in going somewhere.(to look like a really big fish for an example)

Daveo :D

Most reactions

Back