Getting The Most Out Of A Sponge Filter? Lol

Seed_Lord

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well basicly idk what happened but this tank somehow went into another cycle, and has been refusing to cycle, so starting to think something got into the tank which effected the bacteria, anyway, luckily the fish coped until i could get another tank ready for them (used filter start...and it actually worked) keeping a close eye on parims but 0 ammonia 0 nitrite in a 15 gal with roughly 15 bronze cories and 7 guppies, feeding sparingly, temp housing till i move house in jan and can set up the 26 gal in my shed to put them in, then going to start over with this tank (its 55 gal) just going to drain, get rid of the substrate give it a good clean aswell as the filters (if it doesnt settle by then) and do a fishless cycle, as all the 'mature' media i had seemed to be useless i rinced the bio balls and changed the sponge in my external, and used the head of this filter for some aeration, as the tank is full of ammonia going to see what happens see if it will cycle with no fish in it,was just looking at the tank now, have had a sponge filter sat in there that i was using before the tank upset, anyway noticed the filter intake would prob fit into the tube, TIGHT squeeze but anyway heres the results.

IMAG0110.jpg

Pretty happy with that tbh, could be used on larger fry tanks or natural live bearer birthing tanks whatever i decide to do, think its quite a novel idea :lol:

Most reactions

Back